Full-Stack Application Developer, Toronto
We’re into productive and effective meetings, and we’re passionate about making it easy for people to connect with one another. Our flagship product, RP1Cloud is a hosted platform providing the world’s best video centric collaboration software that is simple to use and provides the most preferred workflow choices for users to participate in a meeting. Alternatively, we provide a fully integrated workflow solution for Skype for Business users that enables standards-based video devices and systems to participate in a meeting.
We are now building our next generation products and services and need to find great humans to join our cause and become an integral part of the growth of our high-quality video conferencing platform.
Our team is dedicated to success, growth and passionate about making a difference. At the same time, the working environment values people and the contributions they make as a team to improve the business and the community around us. Our leadership team is open and transparent and encourages thought leadership and innovative ideas. If this sounds like a place where you would like to contribute your talents and great ideas, check out more of what we are looking for below.
- Pragmatic is looking for an awesome web-centric software developer who is dedicated to writing clean maintainable code for both our back-end and front-end applications. Are you passionate about not only overcoming technical challenges but also paving the way for how we look at them? Are you passionate about what you do and eager to both learn and inspire others? Are you ready for a challenge?
- Develop and maintain Java based Microservices using Dropwizard
- Develop integration points between various systems
- Assist in project estimation and development of implementation plans
- Troubleshoot issues that arise on the platform
- Help define and rollout development standards and documentation
- Work with our customer success and engineering teams to triage and troubleshoot issues, and develop new features
What you have:
- A computer-science degree (or related field) preferred or equivalent work experience
- 3-5 years experience in Java development
- Experience with Dropwizard and or equivalent frameworks
- Experience with mySQL (MariaDB) and noSQL (MongoDB)
- Experience with AWS (in particular S3 and Cognito)
- Understanding of modern web development paradigms, as well as fundamental computer science and software engineering principles
- Creative problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail and the ability to multi-task
- Excellent communication and team contribution skills
- Ability and desire to thrive in a fast-paced, client-service environment
- Ability to learn and adapt to new technologies quickly
- Experience with GIT tools
Nice to have:
- Experience using JIRA & Confluence
- Experience developing with scalable web systems
- Experience with containerizing web applications
- Competitive salary & company performance bonus
- Health and Dental Benefits
- 3 weeks vacation
- Employee and Family Assistance Program
Apply for this Job